Below are some of the primary resources used to complete the research for this site. Although other sources and materials were used, copyright issues forbid us from using them for anything but research. However, if you are interested in obtaining more information, feel free to get in touch with us through the contact page and we will oblige any request we can.
We would also like to thank the Free Library of Philadelphia, Library Company of Philadelphia, Historical Society of Philadelphia and the Library of Congress for their contributions of images and information.
- George Boker’s works: Plays / Poems of the War / A Sequence on Profane Love
- Muybridge Commission
- Hexamer survey of William Gaul’s malt house
- Union City: Philadelphia and the Battle of Gettysburg by John Reid Seitter
- Ebeneezer Maxwell Museum Website
- History of the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick and of the Hibernian Society for the Relief of Emigrants from Ireland